Dr. Matthew J. Miriani
Aviation Medical Advisor
Dr Miriani provides services as an Aviation Medical Examiner to assist airmen in obtaining their medical certificates. He is an aviation medical advisor to several major U.S. Air carries and several corporate flight departments. He has been designated as a Senior Aviation Medical examiner and a HIMS examiner by the FAA. He is a former member of the Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Advisory panel. Dr. Miriani is licensed to practice medicine in Missouri, Illinois, Texas, Arizona and California. In addition to medicine, Dr. Miriani is a former captain for a Part 121 air carrier and holds an ATP certificate with a CRJ group type rating (A/CL-65), a commercial helicopter rating, an FAA Repairman certificate, and operates a Malibu Mirage.
Dr. Miriani’s practice includes:
- Audits and finding recommendations for company-related medical policies and operating procedures
- Establishing and assisting companies with implementing best practices
- Serving as an Authorized Representative and medical liaison to human resources and corporate legal departments
- Counseling companies and pilots on unique medical issues
- Performing fitness for duty evaluations
- Assistance with Special Issuance Examination
Dr. Miriani received a Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences from the University of Missouri, Columbia, a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) from the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, completed his post-graduate training at Normandy Osteopathic Hospitals and is board certified in family practice.
American Osteopathic Association; American Board of Osteopathic Family Physicians, Civil Aviation Medical Association; Experimental Aviation Medical Association; Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians; St. Louis Osteopathic Board of Physicians; AOPA; JetLaw LLC